Texas Constitution Trivia
Complete the trivia and return the answers in the text submission box of the assignment before the due date. Each question is worth 10 points and must be correctly answered to receive credit. You MUST document/cite your sources!
- When was the current Texas Constitution ratified? This current constitution for the state of Texas is the _____ (What number?) constitution.
- How does the Preamble to the current Texas Constitution differ from the Preamble to the US Constitution?(Provide at least 2 items with elaboration.)
- How many articles are in the current Texas Constitution?
- Compare (2 detailed comparisons) and Contrast (2 detailed contrasting areas) the US Bill of Rights with the current Texas Bill of Rights.
- What does the current Texas Constitution state about marriage and where is it found?How is this impacted by recent federal law/judicial rulings?
- What does the current Texas Constitution state about the right to bear arms and where is it found? How does the compare or differ from the US Constitution?
- As per the Texas Constitution, in all criminal cases, except treason and impeachment, the Governor shall have power to grant ______ and __________ on the written signed recommendation and advice of the Board of Pardons and Paroles. Where is this found in the Texas Constitution?
- Does Texas have the right to secede from the United States if the citizens vote in favor of leaving, as per the current Texas Constitution? Why or why not?
- What 3 classes of persons are not allowed to vote as per the Texas Constitution, and what, if any, exceptions to these?
- What item/provision in the Texas Constitution, not previous mentioned in this activity, did you find interesting? Where is it located?