Course name: Web transformation
Choose one of the following questions and write a 2000 word academic essay:
- Discuss the politco-economic, social or regulatory issues (choose 1-2)surrounding global microwork
- Discuss the changing status of what it means to be an expert. Choose 1-2 specific professions or industries.
- Ensure that you use an absolute minimum 6 relevant references and cite specific examples or case studies to demonstrate your argument.
- L2 lecture notes
- Q：stability of knowledge. How it changes?
- Awareness or understanding of sth, eg. Facts information
- The definition of knowledge will not change, the way of what we look at knowledge will change.
- Worship experts create power structure.
- Q: what changes with experts? Is knowledge more democratic? What’s mean for you?
- You can judge it.
- Q: Consumers empowered
- What does empowered mean?
- Empowering employees drives greater efficiency in the business
- Employees can increase revenue and profits
- Business leaders are driving a shift away from IT-controlled technology to at-will consumption of the best technology, devices, applications and IT services available in the marketplace. Securing this technology while empowering the business requires a new approach to security that is not just about what IT prevents but also what it makes possible.
- Q: What sort of format are you talking about?
- Q: Power?
- Relate to money, position in society and money.
- Sb has the ability to do sth.
- If sb without money, one’s life in society, power shifts for increasing profit.
- Shifting my labor cost to consumers.
- Not to give you control.
- Power=the only way we look power : Capler society for money.
Lecture 2 readings:
- Bawden, D. & Robinson, L. (2009), The dark side of information: overload, anxiety and other paradoxes and pathologies. Journal of Information Science 2009 35:180
- Constantini, L. (2014) The Quantified Self: How Wearable Sensors Expand Human Potential. TEDxMileHigh [Youtube]
- Morozov, E. (2014), Lecture: Big Data, Small Politics. Collegezalencomplex Radboud University, Nijmegen [Youtube]. Watch at least until 55.35