Kotter states that a successful change process must operate within the framework of his entire eight stages, and he cautions that skipping a step would be harmful to the entire process. In contrast, the authors of “Cracking the Code of Change” in this week’s Learning Resources propose a more integrated, flexible approach to the change process. In this week’s Assignment, you will conduct a thorough review of the change process as you compare various approaches to managing change.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
Kotter, J. P., & Cohen, D. S. (2002). The heart of change: Real-life stories of how people change their organizations. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press.
· Introduction, “The Heart of Change” See attachments
Beer, M., & Nohria, N. (2000). Cracking the code of change. Harvard Business Review, 78(3), 133–141. See attachments
To complete The Right Approach Assignment ,
Compose a cohesive document that addresses the following:
· Compare Kotter’s eight-stage process with the change process described in the article “Cracking the Code of Change.”
· Create a table outlining the major components of each, including similarities and key differences.
· Be sure to analyze how Kotter’s See/Feel/Change core method aligns with Beer and Nohria’s (2000) E and O strategies?
· Analyze your own approach to managing change. Which of the two models most appeals to you? Why?
· 1-2 pages in length
· Include a separate page containing the required table
· No plagiarism
· APA citing