Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1
- Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Sociologist C. Wright Mills preferred to call the sociological perspective the sociological imagination, and he saw it transforming personal troubles into public issues. Let us begin our discussion this week by considering suicide, which is thoroughly explored in your textbook reading for this week.
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1: How does the sociological imagination help to examine private acts such as suicide within a larger societal context and how does it help us consider the causes and possible solutions to suicide?
- Option 2: What are some examples of social forces influencing youth suicide trends in the United States, suicide trends in India, and suicide trends in the U.S. military? Also, consider how using the sociological perspective or the sociological imagination could help in the prevention of suicide in your response.
- 1 Full Page
- APA format for at least two in-text citations and list of references
- Include citations from at least the assigned textbook/lesson reading and one additional outside scholarly source to support your response.