Why is it important to understand the concepts of inflation, present value, and future value of money as Saudi Arabia moves towards Saudi Vision 2030? What are some of the important terms and concepts that managers must understand in making decisions in today’s global environment? How will these factors affect Saudi Vision 2030?
Search the Internet for an academic or industry-related article. Select an article that relates to these concepts and explain how it relates to doing business in Saudi Arabia.
For your discussion post, your first step is to summarize the article in two paragraphs, describing what you think are the most important points made by the authors (remember to use citations where appropriate). For the second step, include the reference listing with a hyperlink to the article. Do not copy the article into your post and limit your summary to two paragraphs. Let your instructor know if you have any questions and enjoy your search.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Hanif, M. (2019). Islamic mortgages: principles and practice. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 14(5), 967-987.
- Keffala, M. R. (2020). How using derivative instruments and purposes affects performance of Islamic banks? Evidence from CAMELS approach. Global Finance Journal.
- Soualhi, Y. (2017). Challenges of developing a takāful retirement annuity plan in Malaysia. ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance, 9(1), 95-99.
- Chapter 5 PowerPoint slides in Foundations of Finance – The Time Value of Money
- STA Law Firm. (2019). Saudi Arabia: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s new commercial mortgage law of 2018. Retrieved from https://www.mondaq.com/saudiarabia/securitization-structured-finance/790224/the-kingdom-of-saudi-arabia39s-new-commercial-mortgage-law-of-2018