Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles in addition to the course text to support your statements.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
In your post,
- Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
- Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
- Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
- Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).