TREK BICYCLES: JUST A NAME OR A SUMMATION OF VALUES?
- Gain insight into an organization’s international strategy and understand how the business environment influences the firm’s decision about mode of entry in operations in an international market.
- Understand how organizations evolve with respect to their mode of operations .
- Appreciate the different corporate strategies that organizations use at the international level to operate, coordinate, and control subsidiaries.
- Assess the effectiveness of strategies of low cost and differentiation used by organizations to compete in the industry.
- Understand the approach used in adopting innovative products and making specific value offerings.
- Should Trek have entered the Indian market alone, or was a partner required? What type of partnerships could the company have considered? Was Trek justified in entering the kind of partnership it did?
- Was Trek justified in setting up its subsidiary in India in 2017?
- Elaborate, with illustration, the corporate strategy being followed by Trek. Is it justified? What were other possible options?
- What are some of the decisions that Trek made to support its corporate strategy?
- What are some of the strategic decisions that Trek made to compete in the global market?
- What steps should Trek take to increase the adoption of its bicycles?
- What should Trek do to expand its presence in India?