The purpose of this assignment is to help teachers to better understand development in early adolescence and adolescence, and determine how they can support and guide students in development.
In a 750 word newsletter written for secondary teachers, elaborate on the following issues related to adolescence and early adolescence physical development.
Address the following in your newsletter:
- Trends in understanding puberty over the last 100 years and reasons for these trends.
- The effect of early and late onset puberty on adolescent physical development and social/emotional relationships with peers.
- How changes in physical development effects cognitive processing and decision-making.
- The current role of technology on students’ sense of interconnectedness. Provide examples of some technological tools.
- Ways to ensure the use of technology in schools and the classroom is safe, ethical, and responsible.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Use typical features of a newsletter, including images, headings, and columns.