- Assessment Task: Critically evaluate how the unique features of the Ecommerce technology and environment influence consumer decision-making (cognitive and habitual).
Task specific guidance:
In this essay you must use the following sections:
- Introduction (approximately 100 words)
- Provide an intuitive summary about why E-commerce technology and environment are important to consider when studying consumer decision-making. You should also briefly outline what you will cover in the main body of your essay.
- Theoretical background (approximately 800 words)
- In the theoretical background you are expected to:
- Explore the unique features of the E-commerce technology and environment (Laudon & Traver, 2020; chapter 1, section 1.3);
- Define and compare the two types of consumer decision-making (cognitive and habitual); (Solomon, 2018; chapter 9; Laudon & Traver, 2020, chapter 6, section 6.1).
- E-commerce and consumer decision-making (approximately 500 words)
- Based on the theoretical explorations, critically evaluate how the features of the E-commerce technology and environment influence the two types of consumer decision-making.
- Conclusion (approximately 100 words)
- Summarise the main points covered in the body of your essay.
- References (there is no word limit for this section)
- Required Reading:
- Solomon, M, R. (2018). Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, and Being (Global Edition). Pearson Education Limited (chapter 9).
- Laudon, K. C., & Traver, C. G. (2021). E-commerce 2020-2021: Business, Technology, Society (Global Edition). Pearson Education Limited (chapter 1, Section 1.3; chapter 6, Section 6.1).