Unit 2 Country Analysis – Kenya
Unit 2: Country Analysis – Kenya
Country analyses provide useful information for individuals, investors, and companies. Individuals conduct basic research when moving to a new country or when deciding on their next location of work or residence. Investors make informed investment decisions in the financial market based on the research. Companies with plans to set up subsidiaries, or enter new markets, base their business plans on such research. This application is an opportunity to conduct research on a SSA country.
· The report must adhere to the APA writing style.
· Narrative submissions are prepared consistent with the APA Manual and include a title and reference page.
· Submissions that are required to be presented in a table, PowerPoint, or Excel format and whose content requires appropriate support from credible or scholarly sources, must be properly in-text cited and listed in a reference page consistent with the APA Manual.
· There is no minimum number of references that need to be utilized to support the completion of this assignment; however, it is generally understood that any good country analysis will incorporate the appropriate quality and quantity of scholarly sources to support any suppositions and recommendations.
· The report should demonstrate higher level cognitive processing (analysis and evaluation), which is essential for someone in any industry, as business decisions affect all levels and stakeholders within the organization.
· The country analysis should include title and reference pages.
· CIA – The World Factbook (Links to an external site.)
· PEST Analysis (Links to an external site.)
This is a group assignment. Use the CIA World fact book to conduct a country analysis of Kenya. Elect a project manager, who will submit the assignment on behalf of the group. Include all group members’ names in the report.
Include the following components in your analysis.
1. Country Background – Discuss the geographic location, date of independence, major city or capital city, current political leader, the political ideology, the total population, and per capita population.
2. Business Practices – Discuss the languages spoken in the country, the literacy rate, and the business language(s). Explain the working hours per days and the working days per week. Time zone and the exchange rate. Lunch time and breaks must be clearly explained.
3. Economic Situation – Discuss major economic activities such as the economic resources produced; the GDP; per capita GDP; the average income and its imports/exports data (give statistics and major partners).
4. Competitiveness – Assess the following key measures such as strong and transparent public institutions, clear property rights, strong judicial independence, and education/innovation; communication infrastructure (internet and TV/Radio ownership per person, paved and non- paved road, waterways, airports and other modes of communication.
5. Health Care – Discuss the health care situation within the country such as how many patients per doctor and how many hospital beds are available to the patients. After the Analysis is complete, provide some recommendations to overcome the challenges.