Verbal and Nonverbal Communication in Groups
Teach the Class: Read the required material from the Adams and Galanes text and conduct independent research (of quality videos, credible Internet resources, and/or scholarly journal articles) to find three sources pertaining to nonverbal communication. Examine these materials and educate your classmates on the functions, challenges, and/or bonuses of using nonverbal communication and behaviors to read people.
- Cite and reference your three resources in APA style, 6th ed.
- Be sure to cite and reference the required text if your work contains any thought, idea, or quote from the book.
- If you elected to also post graphics to add visual interest, then cite and reference the graphics in APA style as well.
Address the following questions, supporting your thinking with reference to your sources and by presenting examples.
- What have you learned about cultural variance in nonverbal communications?
- What have you learned about the categories of nonverbal behaviors?
Respond substantively to a minimum of two peers by Day 7 of Week 2. Inquire about your fellow students’ resources and discussion pertaining to the cultural differences conveyed through nonverbal communication. Your main post should consist of approximately 350 words.
Point Value: 5 Points
Weekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1
Course Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 4, 5