Imagine an agency you created has to provide mental health services for individuals suffering from mood disorders is expanding to reach out to the community by educating citizens about wellness strategies. In order to get the word out about your new services, create a brochure that does the following:
- Identify life events that might motivate an individual to seek wellness services.
- Develop a mission statement for the clinic.
- Provide an overview of services offered.
- Describe an itinerary for two days of treatment.
- Explain how assessments will be utilized at the clinic.
Use a brochure format of your choice that is appealing to your target audience. (graphics and color are encouraged).
Identify life events that might motivate an individual to seek wellness services. What are potential life events that can happen, some examples are divorce, Death of a loved one, and this can be from a myriad of losses from cancer, heart attack, murder. etc. Whatever can influence or trigger a Mood Disorder as we had discussed in week 4.
Develop a mission statement for the clinic. A mission statement is defined as “a formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization, or individual”, so please include what your values are at this organization, and what your aims and goals are for treating this population.
Provide an overview of services offered. Give a brief summary here of the treatments you are providing, not just listing them. Be sure they include some component of Wellness Strategies. These can include either Holistic treatments, conventional treatments, or both.
Describe an itinerary for two days of treatment. You need to provide a 2 day itinerary. This includes a breakdown of each hour for each day. You can find examples on the Internet to get an idea. You don’t need a separate document, just write on the brochure.
Explain how assessments will be utilized at the clinic. We have discussed several types of assessment in the course, and I even provided several wellness assessments that you can use for this piece if you would like. Please include the type of assessment you will be using.
In a separate document, write a 250-500 word reflection that does the following:
- Who will be your key audience/target population? Examples include clients with mood disorders and their families, age groups, or cultural backgrounds.
- Why did you select these methods for your agency?
- Describe your rationale for why this information is useful in the brochure.
- Describe your rationale as to why you designed the brochure the way you did (e.g., photos, key focus areas).
- Use at least two scholarly sources to substantiate your rationale. The sources and reflection should be in APA format.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide