Explain the ways in which the Italian Renaissance in Florence was a rebirth of the Greco-Roman classical beliefs and practices. To support your response, please find an example NOT listed in your eText chapter to illustrate your ideas. Please choose one of the following topics to focus your response: sculpture, philosophy, architecture, mathematics, writings (theatre), or religion.
Essay Grading and Criteria
In preparing Essay assignments for each module, students will be required to write a more formal response to a topic of a minimum 250 words. The following ideas are how this item will be graded:
1) A good Essay response answers the full question in a direct and specific manner which has been proofread for proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
2) The minimum for the Essay is 250 words and this does not include title, name, or references. Short responses will be deducted the percentage of how short it is.
3) Get to the point quickly and specifically. Posts that have too many general statements could be penalized 10-15%.
4) Develop a thesis statement for the essay. Basically state exactly what you are going to discuss in this essay. (No thesis: -15%; a non-specific thesis: -10; and an almost fully specific thesis: between 3% and 5% off). For 250 word Essay assignments, you should quickly lead in with a short intro and then start with your thesis statement.
5) Separate ideas into multiple paragraphs. If there is only have one paragraph in the essay, 15% will be deducted.
6) If a post is missing any key aspects of the question prompt, like a specific example or a specific answer to a direct question, there may be up to a 10% deduction for each key aspect missed.
7) There needs to be a Works Cited section containing sources which are academically reputable and correctly formatted in either MLA or APA style.
8) When prompted to find another source besides the text, posts must include proper citation of the source. For websites, please include the link to the exact page the information came from so that your instructor can find your source easily.
9) The use of Wikipedia or other online encyclopedia, will result in a 10% deduction.
10) Plagiarism, or directly copying the wording from a source and trying to pass it off as your own words (cited or not), is not acceptable and will result in a zero on any assignment and a report of the incident to the administration. Continued instances of plagiarism could result in failing the course, being removed from the course, or possibly being dismissed from the institution.